Sunday, 18 December 2011
In an attempt to control my ravenous sweet tooth and substitue out my chocolate brownie affliction I've mastered the ultimate, healthy, raw superfood brownie. It would only be selfish for me not to share the recipe with you all and the best part - you can whip these bad boys up in 10 minutes!
What you'll need:
- 1 cup raw cashews (can opt for almonds or a mixture)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 4-5 Tbs raw cacao
- 4-5 scoops chocolate Sun Warrior raw protein
- 1-2 Tbs Maca powder
- Something moist..raw options such as: mushy banana, raw almond milk or almond milk pulp (or non raw option such as soy, rice, oat, coconut milk etc)
- Small handful sweet raw cacoa nibs (optional for the cacoa crazed aka me)
Grind your nuts of choices in a food processor first up. Follow this with your dates and finally add all other dry ingredients. Once at an even dry consistency slowly add your 'something moist' ingredient until the mixture is slightly sticky and able to be rolled out without crumbling. On a bench covered with baking paper roll your mixture out (place baking paper on top so it doesn't stick to your rolling pin or other cylindrical object). Cut into bars. Done!
Warning/Disclaimer: these are so insanely good you may be compelled to eat the whole mixture before it hits the bench and subsequently dive heads first into a brownie coma. You've been warned.
- ► 2013 (1)
- ► May (1)
- ► 2011 (6)
- ► December (1)
- ► August (1)
- ► July (1)
- ► June (1)
- ► April (1)
- ► March (1)
- ► Fitness (2)
- ▼ Nutrition & Recipes (4)
- ► Personal Growth & Motivation (1)
Facebook | join us
- To live at our full physical, mental and emotional potential requires a balance of physical effort, proper nutrition, rest and mental wellbeing - all of which can be achieved on a compassionate plant powered lifestyle. Looking to reach your full potential on a vegan diet? Check out our website and let us know what questions, info and resources you want to see! Cooking up some freebie goodies and competitions soon ;) www.meangreenpt.com
- Meditation has become one of my secret weapons for clients to gain clarity & reduce stress. With a reduction in cortisol levels, inner stillness & clarity comes better eating habits and focus on our purpose, health & wellness. Contact me if you'd like links to some great free guided mediation I recommend. http://www.naturalnews.com/039758_meditation_chronic_stress_cortisol.html
- Smash that workout first thing in the morning! You'll be buzzing for the rest of your day. Promise.
- Good Mooooorning beautiful peeps! Feeling much love & respect for all my health food hustlers out there spreading the message. Health is our greatest wealth ♥ @https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Up88Jk0I-CE#!