Sunday, 28 August 2011
Winter is waning and the swell of summer is coming...suddenly that insulation layer you accrued over winter seems as obvious as if you were wearing a Borat mankini. It's out with the hot chocolates, mum's casseroles and other toasty treats and in with the tropical fruits and cooling culinary essentials...that means ice cream!!
Hold on, how do you expect to lose that mankinily apparent winter weight eating ice cream?
I have the solution. Tasty raw fruit ice cream! Nothing but juicy sweet frozen fruit blended into a creamy soft serve consistancy. This stuff is so good and so easy to make you'll fall over yourself wondering why you hadn't though of it before (and if you had..well touche!).
For a simple and sweet start try out this recipe:
- 3 frozen bananas (peeled and chopped)
- 1 medium to large mango (peeled and chopped)
Blend until smooth and hey presto you're done!
Serves 1-2 depending on how much of an ice cream addict you are.
Now lets crunch the numbers...
- 50g serve of average dairy chocolate ice cream - 98 calories
- 50g serve of So Good soy chocolate ice cream - 77 calories
- 50g serve of frozen fruit ice cream - under 50 calories
Clearly we have a winner.
- ► 2013 (1)
- ► May (1)
- ► 2011 (6)
- ► December (1)
- ► August (1)
- ► July (1)
- ► June (1)
- ► April (1)
- ► March (1)
- ► Fitness (2)
- ▼ Nutrition & Recipes (4)
- ► Personal Growth & Motivation (1)
Facebook | join us
- To live at our full physical, mental and emotional potential requires a balance of physical effort, proper nutrition, rest and mental wellbeing - all of which can be achieved on a compassionate plant powered lifestyle. Looking to reach your full potential on a vegan diet? Check out our website and let us know what questions, info and resources you want to see! Cooking up some freebie goodies and competitions soon ;) www.meangreenpt.com
- Meditation has become one of my secret weapons for clients to gain clarity & reduce stress. With a reduction in cortisol levels, inner stillness & clarity comes better eating habits and focus on our purpose, health & wellness. Contact me if you'd like links to some great free guided mediation I recommend. http://www.naturalnews.com/039758_meditation_chronic_stress_cortisol.html
- Smash that workout first thing in the morning! You'll be buzzing for the rest of your day. Promise.
- Good Mooooorning beautiful peeps! Feeling much love & respect for all my health food hustlers out there spreading the message. Health is our greatest wealth ♥ @https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Up88Jk0I-CE#!